Leave the city behind…
…and embark on a unique adventure that’s just a ferry ride away but feels like a world away. You’ll search for old munitions dumped beneath a Revolutionary fort, find the cells of a Civil War prison, visit an eerily abandoned movie theater, and explore the landmark buildings of Colonels Row. But that’s not all! When our clues lead you to the right spot, you’ll collaborate with your team to answer tricky, humorous questions about what you find.
- Fort Jay, a star-shaped fort dating back to 1776
- Castle William, aka the Cheesebox, a pre–War of 1812 fort that held Confederate prisoners during the Civil War
- Wild contemporary sculptures commissioned specifically for the island
- Assorted exhibits in the buildings of Nolan Park
- The best views of Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, and the Brooklyn Bridge you’ll ever see
No prior knowledge of Governors Island or history is necessary to play—or to win. You just need to pay attention to the details, use your wits, and work with your team.
The hunt is the perfect excuse to visit this out-of-the-way spot, but once you’re there, stay awhile! You can grab lunch, rent a bike, enjoy a picnic, and further explore the island on your own.
What happy hunters are saying
“What an absolutely amazing experience to participate in a scavenger hunt on Governor’s Island facilitated by Watson Adventures. We truly appreciated every moment of it.” —a review posted on Google
Click a button below to contact us about private games or to buy tickets to a public game—and find more fun in New York City!