New York has an attic full of treasures
Trek through the New York State Museum with your team to answer clever, entertaining questions and discover the Empire State’s most surprising secrets. The galleries are packed with cool artifacts that run the gamut of the region’s history, with exhibits on New York City, the Adirondack wilderness, fire engines, wildlife, minerals, and native peoples. There’s even a working, historic carousel.
Along the way, your team might…
- Be asked if you’re a polygamist at Ellis Island
- Search in a 19th-century surgeon’s case for a kitchen aid
- Goggle at giant oysters at a bygone fish market
- Uncover the biggest threat to wildlife passing through New York City
- Look into getting a manicure before heading next door to Harlem’s famous Cotton Club
- Meet a mastodon not far from a logging camp and Native American hunters
No previous knowledge of the museum or its contents is required: you just need sharp eyes and comfy shoes. But you’ll come away amazed at how fascinating both the museum and the state are.
Special editions for super sleuths
A Murder Mystery Edition is available, in which you’ll decipher a code to solve a crime—and possibly save the world from disaster!
Young hunters can also get in on the fun with an age-appropriate Kids Edition, perfect for school field trips, birthday parties, bar/bat mitzvahs—you name it. Recommended for ages 7 and up.