Recommended by GoCityKids.com
Kids and adults join forces on a fun, funny scavenger hunt in the historic heart of Old Philadelphia. You’ll follow a path of clues in the area around Independence Hall and answer tricky, entertaining questions about what you find. This game is especially well suited for school groups that want to walk—and skip and hop—in the Founding Fathers’ footsteps.
Along the way, you might uncover…
- The hidden history beneath Ben Franklin’s “ghost house”
- The bygone burial ground beneath Washington Square Park
- The streets of Society Hill, where James Madison and other Founding Fathers walked
- The Signer’s Garden, on the site where George Washington sat for a portrait
- Carpenters’ Hall, where the Continental Congress first met
And, of course, there’s much more! If you’ve got a group of kids itching for a hilarious, time-traveling adventure, this is the hunt for you. No previous knowledge of the neighborhood or its history is required: you just need sharp eyes and good teamwork. Each team must include at least one adult.