Time-travel to New York City’s past…
…by going on this whirlwind tour of the New-York Historical Society. It’s like the city’s attic of treasures. Your team will follow a trail of clues through the recently reopened, beautifully remodeled Luce Center, the new Center for Women’s History, and an array of ever-changing special exhibits, as you search for answers to tricky, humorous questions about the cool things you discover.
You might search for such items as…
- Dueling pistols similar to the ones Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr used
- The tail of a horse statue destroyed in a Revolutionary riot
- Antique windup toys and trains
- An instigating object in the Civil War Draft Riots
- A portrait of a manly woman…or a dirty trick against a politician
- A panic on Wall Street between bulls and bears
No knowledge of the museum or New York history is needed: you just need sharp eyes and comfy shoes. A version for kids and adults to play together is also available for ages 7 and up.