New Orleans’ oldest neighborhood bares it all
Figuratively, of course. (Though you may also get a glimpse of that in the literal sense on Bourbon Street.) Leaving a trail of beignet sugar in your wake, your team will roam the streets of the French Quarter as you answer fun and funny questions about the delightful, bizarre, and hilarious reminders of its vivid past and wild present.
Along the way, you might discover…
- The magnificent St. Louis Cathedral, the oldest continuously operated cathedral in the United States
- Humorously dubious “cures” at the Pharmacy Museum
- Eye-searing Mardi Gras decorations left up year-round
- Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau’s spooky stomping grounds
- The birthplaces of a bluesman and the muffuletta sandwich
- A watering hole for ex-presidents, clowns, and the Sultan of Swat
Your team could answer such questions as…
- Near Café du Monde, famous for its gut-busting beignets, take a shot at recharging your “batteries.” What dance move can you assume a cannon here wants to obliterate once and for all? Answer: A cannon points directly at a sign for the Moonwalk, a pathway skirting the Mississippi.
- Take a gander (or a beak) around John Audubon’s early studio. Don’t be afraid to let your mind get fowl: what bird always nests nearby? Answer: A flamingo perches on the balcony across the street from the Audubon studio.
No knowledge of the neighborhood is necessary: you just need sharp eyes, comfy shoes, and good teamwork. If you’re in town for a brief stay, this game is a great way to see the highlights while having fun with teammates.
There’s a killer on the loose…
…and it’s up to you to find him before he wreaks more havoc on Bourbon Street and beyond. The unfortunate victim was one of our own—a Watson Adventures staffer who was supposed to be your Hunt Host for this event. Before he died, he left you one final message in the form of a clue: a star scrawled on the ground in his own blood. If your team can figure out what it means, you’ll start to uncover the secrets of his dangerous double life, deduce what got him killed, and head off a catastrophic international incident.
Along the way, you’ll enjoy a whirlwind tour of the French Quarter, where surprising details turn out to be part of a secret code. This scavenger hunt offers a great way to bring together a diverse group of people and get them laughing and having fun. It’s perfect for corporate retreats, birthday parties, social-group outings—you name it!