Nature gets wild at the Houston Museum of Natural Science
Take your group on an unusual adventure that uncovers the museum’s secrets, surprises, and treasures. Your team will follow a trail of clues through the galleries as you collaborate to answer fun and funny questions about what you find. You’ll see the best of such exhibits as the Hall of Paleontology—so vivid you might swear you feel the hot breath of a looming dinosaur—and the new Hall of the Americas.
But even if you don’t know a dino bone from a donut, you’ll enjoy this hunt. The emphasis is on teamwork and laughter. No previous knowledge about science or the museum is necessary to win: you just need a sharp mind, comfy shoes, and a sense of adventure.
You also might find out…
- Why a pterosaur can’t wear a wedding ring
- What kind of stink makes the blackest pottery
- How a pig does cleanup work for a dirty job
- Why a seal might cringe at a parka
- The reason zebras should fear a condiment stand
Your team could track down answers to such questions as…
- Find a large dinosaur. Another dinosaur gave this one a leg up. What “cousin” of a famous Hall did the donating dino come from? Answer: The Diplodocus’ thigh bone is from a Diplodocus at the Carnegie Museum (cousin of Carnegie Hall, as it were).
- In Africa, what predator is most likely to “hail” a Chevy namesake that’s hanging around? Answer: A leopard on a branch is closest to an impala caught in the tree.
Couldn’t answer those questions? Don’t worry! They’re designed so you can answer them only when you are standing in the right spot in the museum, when all becomes clear.
Museum scavenger hunt options to suit your group
If your group could use more of a challenge consider the Murder Mystery Edition, which features the highlights of the main hunt but adds a whodunit for you to solve.
The International Edition is perfect for groups with participants whose first language is not English.
The Kids Edition makes the fun available for youngsters ages 7 and up, as they collaborate with adults.
If you’ve been looking for an out-of-the-box activity for a diverse group, your search is over! This group game is great for corporate outings, birthday parties, social-group gatherings, school field trips—you name it.
What people are saying about the Houston Museum of Natural Science scavenger hunt
“We all had fun. It was definitely a great team-building activity!” —an organizer for a corporate group
“It was wonderful. We all really enjoyed it. Thank you and your host for an excellent adventure.” –an engineer
“The group had a wonderful time on Saturday and really enjoyed the hunt. The host exceeded expectations and really helped us accomplish our goal of team building and simply getting to know one another.” —a university’s director of admissions
“Extremely impressed by the entire hunt and our host!” —a leader of a church group
Contact us to learn more about the Houston Museum of Natural Science scavenger hunt—and find more team-building fun in Houston!