If Mark Twain liked it, you know it must be good
In 1868, the often-crotchety author wrote of Hartford, “Of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see, this is the chief.” This celebratory scavenger hunt will send you in search of the best of the Constitution State’s capital city, but in a way that Twain never imagined.
You’ll take creative and unusual Team Photos, find and create unique items, seek out staffers for a surprise challenge, and decipher clues to answer tricky questions about interesting locations.
- Trees with secrets in Bushnell Park
- The pistol-packin’ jumper in the oldest carousel in America
- The special tribute that’s part of the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Arch
- A hole-in-the-wall with a mother’s unusual advice
- A monumental woman wearing Madonna’s bra
- A not-at-all sleepy tribute to the inventor of anesthesia
This team game is great for corporate outings, alumni reunions, birthday or bachelorette parties—you name it. You’ll be amazed at the hidden wonders in and around Bushnell Park and the State Capitol.
Discover the art of adventure!
See the best of the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art in Hartford on a whirlwind tour that reveals the most unusual and amusing details in six centuries’ worth of great paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts. After the recent renovations, there has never been a better time to visit and be dazzled. But this isn’t your ordinary tour: on this group game, you’ll follow clues and collaborate with teammates to answer tricky, humorous questions about what you find.
Along the way, you might uncover…
- A chaotic nudist camp
- Trojan horseplay
- A lion whisperer
- An infamous piece of painted propaganda
- Colonial calamities
- A pistol-packin’ gallery
- Inaccurate acupuncture
- A portrait that a Founding Father dismissed as simply shin-ful
- And someone committing chop suey-cide
Those are just a few of the hilarious highlights you’ll be treated to on this tour. And anyone can play and win: no knowledge of the museum or art is required. You just need sharp eyes and comfy shoes. The emphasis is on teamwork—and fun.
A Murder Mystery Edition is also available.