Note: The museum is closed until late 2024 for renovations.
Instead, check out our hunts on the Princeton campus, such as The Princeton Prowl Scavenger Hunt.
From ancient Egypt to the Paris of the Impressionists…
…you’ll journey far beyond Princeton, even though you’ll never leave the area. The Princeton University Art Museum is a great option for a hunt when the weather isn’t cooperating. It packs a lot of art and history into its two floors, and our whirlwind tour will reveal the best, quirkiest, and coolest items in its collection as you go in search of answers to tricky, humorous questions.
Along the way, you might discover…
- A work that will make you exclaim, “O!” at least twice
- Someone who’d definitely have a hot hand in a game of poker
- Aztec fashion that seems to say, “Hands off!”
- A Renaissance saint who apparently thinks, “Man is a bubble”
- Impressionist paintings that leave quite an impression
Other highlights include Roman and Greek gods, African ritual objects, Chinese and Indian Buddhas, Warhol’s Jackie O., works by Europe’s Old Masters, and Red Grooms’ amusing diorama re-creating a famous artist hangout in 1940s Greenwich Village.
But you don’t need to know anything about art to play or to win: this game is a test of wits and teamwork, not trivia.
It’s a great activity for student and alumni gatherings, corporate outings, and more.