An adventure fit for a foodie
Dig into Boston’s oldest, tastiest neighborhood, collecting treats and answers along the way. Starring: a smorgasbord of edible and historical delights, including the site of the Great Molasses Flood of 1919, minty hot cocoa, graves of men who really “Mathered,” lobster-tail pastries, octopus tentacles, the center of the infamous Sacco and Vanzetti trial, a welterweight champion, cream puffs, and much more.
Along the way, you’ll take creative Team Photos to document your snap-worthy snacks.
Between-snack highlights include…
- Paul Revere’s house and a sneaky question about planets
- The Old North Church and a tricky problem involving, yes, lanterns
- The early stomping grounds of the Kennedys
- A site associated with the fight to free Sacco and Vanzetti, wrongly accused of murder
- A bygone tavern where the owner was arrested for helping Quakers
- Copp’s Hill Burying Ground, where tombstones are pockmarked by British bullets
Don’t want to spoil your appetite? For private groups, we also offer a version of the hunt that focuses more on local history than food.