Discover the surprising side of great art…
…on a whirlwind tour that reveals the best of Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts. Your adventure will take you from Africa to America, Italy to India, Tiffany to Toulouse, and beyond. On teams, you’ll follow a trail of clues in search of answers to tricky, entertaining questions about the unusual art and artifacts you find.
Your quest might reveal…
- The object you’ll find when a kid-sized “wrap star” opens up and says, “Ahhhh…”
- The childish-sounding event that a pair of ceremonial cups helped ward off
- Why the dish literally could have run away with the spoon
- The “sandwich” responsible for two different paintings in one room
- Why an Akan might wear a watch that doesn’t work
- What a guy who looks like Hugh Jackman and a helicopter mom have in common
And those are just a few of the quirky highlights featured on this scavenger hunt. No previous knowledge of art or the museum is required: you just need good teamwork, sharp eyes, and comfy shoes.
For an extra challenge, try the Murder Mystery Edition, in which the works of art help you unravel a twisty tale of international intrigue. A Kids Edition, in which youngsters and adults work together, is suitable for ages 7 and up—and perfect for school field trips.