Enjoy capital team building near the Capitol…
…on an unforgettable game that explores the city’s hidden history and lively street scene. On teams, you’ll tackle four challenges near and along Fayetteville Street: follow clues to answer fun, entertaining questions about landmarks, secrets, and quirky sights; take creative Team Photos; find or create unusual objects; and meet with the Hunt Host for a surprise bonus challenge.
Along the way, you might find…
- A cannon captured by U.S. Forces in 1862
- Bold, surprising, eye-popping street art
- A president’s birthplace
- A vanished historical haven for motorists
- Buried treasure that will be dug up in 2076
You might tackle such questions as…
- Find a building that, when it opened in 1907, was the state’s first reinforced concrete skyscraper. What info outside might make you think people inside would greet you with a secret handshake? Answer: According to a sign, 133 Fayetteville Street was a Masonic Temple.
- On West Morgan Street, find possibly the most curious structure in downtown Raleigh. You might expect Rapunzel to be up there. Based on info outside, on what major anniversary was this place dedicated? Answer: According to a sign outside, the AIA Water Tower was built in 1888 and dedicated in 1963, so the 75th anniversary.
No knowledge of Raleigh or its history is necessary to play—or to win. You just need to pay attention to the details and work well with your group. Having a sense of humor will also help blaze your trail to victory.
If the downtown area doesn’t suit your needs, a similar Grab ’n’ Go Scavenger Hunt can be played just about anywhere in North Carolina. Contact us to learn more—and find more fun in Raleigh!