Discover the secrets and sights of Austin…
…on an entertaining and unusual scavenger hunt that takes you from the majestic Capitol Building on Congress Avenue to the heart of Sixth Street. Your team will follow clues and answer clever questions that provide a fun tour of landmark buildings, historic sites, and quirky details.
Along the way, you might find…
- A building whose columns and girders are made of recast exploded Confederate shells
- The Driskill Hotel, where the state’s political elite have gathered since 1886, where Lyndon Johnson spent the night of the 1964 presidential election, and which has a grand lobby that will make you gasp
- The famous Moonlight Towers, erected in 1895 to cast light over broad swaths of the town (featured in the movie Dazed and Confused)
- The gargoyle-bedecked Paramount Theatre, built in 1915 on the site of the 1839 War Department for the Republic of Texas
- Stunning St. Mary’s Cathedral, built in 1884 with stained glass imported from France and Germany
- The drugstore where short-story master O. Henry worked as a pharmacist
You’ll meet the Hunt Host along the way for a surprise challenge, as well as take amusing Team Photos that will bring out your creativity—and perhaps your goofier side.
A Murder Mystery Edition is also available.
Don’t worry: you don’t need to know anything about Austin or its history to do well and even win on these hunts. You just need sharp eyes, comfy boots, and a sense of humor.
Curiosity piqued? Competitive spirit rising? Ready to experience the team-building, bond-forging forces of fun? Then contact us below!
What happy clients are saying
“The booking process was very easy, and it was great to have it customized to our group. Watson Adventures was super flexible and accommodating. Our team had a blast, and with many of them being from out of state, it was a great way to see and learn about the downtown area and history. We will definitely look up Watson for our next event!”