Blast from the Past
You’ve named the Disney characters and previewed the new Escape to the Museum Virtual Scavenger Hunt, and here’s another unique idea for an at-home trivia game. This Vintage Postcard Quiz features seven real-life, old-timey postcards from seven major U.S. cities. Can you name them all?
For an extra challenge, see if you can name the specific neighborhood shown in each postcard, too. (And if you need a hint, the cities to choose from are Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C.) Ready, set…GO!
1. Los Angeles: Hollywood Boulevard
2. New York City: the Bowery (looking north from Grand St.)
3. San Francisco: Fisherman’s Wharf (you can see part of Coit Tower in the background)
4. Boston: Faneuil Hall, along the Freedom Trail
5. Washington, D.C.: the National Gallery of Art, with the Capitol in the background
6. Chicago: Navy Pier
7. Philadelphia: Independence Hall